1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Historical Snow Data: Looks Good!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by retoocs555, Dec 12, 2006.

1. retoocs555

retoocs555 Junior Member

Looking at my local NOAA webpage and found montly snowfall data back to the 1880's.

The winters with the most total snow had below average December totals, <10" and seasons with high december totals usually had a below average winter total. And seasons with low december totals usually had whoping high january totals.

Statistically this year looks good:nod:

We've already gotten about 6" here this month and with the forcast for the next 2 weeks I don't think we'll break 10-12 inches this month.

Our snowiest winter in VT was 1970. Least snowy was 1980.
  2. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Where did you get this info???
  3. retoocs555

retoocs555 Junior Member

If you go to the NOAA page for your regional office you may be able to find it. The home page for each office is different. My local office has a page dedicated to winter weather and has lots of interesting data available through there. If you can't find it, just ask them and they'll provide it to you.
  4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I hope you're right, so far our December snow total in NJ is 0"!!!:angry: I'm hoping for snow on or before Christmas eve!wesport
  5. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

Hello neighbor...

I've looking at the stats too... looks good for the rest of winter :nod:

I've watching the forecasting weather models... looks like a pattern change shortly after x-mas.

I'll be hard pressed to get four plows in this month:(

Oh well... its what it is.

6. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

;) Yal Baby I like what your saying thats the spirit I am with you 100 percent.:D

7. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Same here with you guys all the way. Massive snow totals are on the horizon:nod:
  8. retoocs555

retoocs555 Junior Member

We've really only had one plow so far, last thursday 4-5"

The worst winters are the ones where December is real cold and we get a foot of snow then it gets real, real cold and DRY until spring. Those years, not only is there no snow to play in but we have to deal with weeks straight of sub zero temps:eek:

2 or 3 years ago we went over 10 days straight without making it above 0 F. Weather like that makes me want to move to death valley.

Our best snowfall winters are warm and start off with rain in December.