1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hispanic Snow Professionals

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Plowguy112, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plowguy112

Plowguy112 Junior Member

Hey guys, first post here. I'm thinking about getting into the business and was wondering if anyone has seen any trends related to Hispanic Snow Professionals. As a Hispanic man I don't really feel like a lot of the equipment related to the snow business is marketed in my direction, despite the massive overlap between landscaping and snow removal (and the huge number of hispanics in landscaping).

I just wanna hear what everyone thinks about this/what your experiences and opinions are. Thanks!ussmileyflag

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome to PS.

Not sure I understand what you mean as not marketed towards Hispanics?

Marketing is marketing, you are probably seeing far more marketing on this website than I am.

3. Plowguy112

Plowguy112 Junior Member

I guess I just mean I have to look harder for the kind of marketing that's out there. Like, I can't imagine why nobody is focusing more on people like me considering there's such a huge overlap...

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Other than trade magazines, this industry is extremely overlooked IMO. It's always been looked at as non-professional, although SIMA and ASCA are working on changing that. Kind of.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Now time oot...... how does being Hispanic decent differ than any other? All legal citizens in the US have the same rights no matter what decent they maybe. It's up to the individual to make their way in life and race doesn't play into that, heck we have a President that was born in Kenya currently in office.....
    Oot west there's quite a few Hispanic or Mexican Landscape owned outfits that also do snow removal, there's also plenty of Hispanic or Mexican hired hands that run crews, operate equipment or are laborers just like any other race. I know a couple Mexican owners and they do quite well, if anything they have an advantage when is comes to communicating with their labor pool.

6. Plowguy112

Plowguy112 Junior Member

the president was born in Hawaii...

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

How does race figure into how equipment operates?
    Is it the lack of bilingual warring tags?

Ok, Ok I'll back up
    Are you a American or a Mexican?
    Or are you commenting on how MFG' s market their products,
    in America they are free to advertise as they Please,
    Without worrying aboot hurting someone's feelings.

Maybe their just marketing towards men...
    And the lack of women being portrayed is sexist, as there are women who own snow removal companies.

I know as a white guy if I say anything or ask a question I'm instantly labeled a racist, I guess, It Makes others feel better about being racist.

I wonder how the Chinese feel?
    q, why are you playing the race card?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  8. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

There is no proof that can withstand scrutiny.

9. Plowguy112

Plowguy112 Junior Member

You can look up a picture of his birth certificate on google...

10. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

It's not the original.
    as if there was a original.

Why are you avoiding our questions?
    It Makes you look like a troll.

Untill then.....

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

The Google is as reliable source of information as the Facebook, the twitter and the myspace.....

12. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc PlowSite Fanatic

Isn't the equipment marketed toward snow removal? And isn't that the important piece? I'm honestly wondering... Could you elaborate what you mean?

13. Plowguy112

Plowguy112 Junior Member

I was more questioning their targeting of a group of people. Like, if a lot of Hispanic people are plowing snow (which they might not be for all I know) wouldn't it make sense for a manufacturer to target those people as a specific group to sell to?

I could be off base in assuming there is a large enough group of hispanic snow professionals to warrant any specific marketing effort...

14. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc PlowSite Fanatic

I see what you're saying, but I guess I only really see equipment marketing on the internet, in trade magazines, and at dealers... I'm not sure what they would do different to market... They have a wide reach with those avenues already

15. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

ok, time to move on already

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.