1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiring Sales Reps

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snow Picasso, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

I'm thinking of hiring a sales rep this season. I have an idea on what I'm going to pay, but curious what the market tends to offer. Any of you hire sales reps seasonally or full time? What's your methods for payment?
  2. jonanderson

jonanderson Junior Member

I do own a snow removal company and have hired 2 sales reps the past few years. They just go out to commercial locations and bid on contracts. It has helped a ton. I am looking to purchase 6 more snowplows and a few tornado spreaders this season and have been price shopping for a while now. Do you know of any good dealers in Illinois? I've been referred to the guys at quality truck and equipment in Bloomington, Il and they know their stuff. I talked to them the other day and they gave me a really good deal but still need to price shop.

3. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

I'm in the NW suburbs. Not sure if it would be worth it for you to come this far for equipment.