1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiring help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTTP08, Dec 22, 2012.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I am looking to hire a few shovelers and possible another operator for a truck this year my biz is finally growing whoop whoop. Where have you guys had the best luck of finding quality workers? Craigslist the local paper etc. A few guys said to try a temp agency than they do all the taxes and that sort of thing and just give you a bill. Any of you guys had any luck with this? Thanks for the info.
  2. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

Try the employment section here at plow site. I would also try craigs list. It's free & free is always good!
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

The best luck I have for sidewalk crews would be a temp agency. That way when only one of the seven guys shows up, they have a nearly unlimited supply of more people to call in. Sidewalk guys are the most undependable because they are exposed to the elements 100% of the time.