1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiring drivers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by deluxeco, Aug 10, 2003.

1. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

here it is in a nutshell, I have the chance to pick up a significant amount of plowing this year.I operate my own trucks and employ drivers for them . I have tried everything under the sun to hire & retain good help from year to year,I'm currently held at bay with the inability to find help....any input would be great...

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

You should check out the Networking forum that is on the bottom of Plowsite main page. That is where the contractors lists their location so you can find someone nearby you that may help you out. I think there are at least a member or two in Cleveland, Ohio area.

Here is a link to the Networking forum:

http://www.plowsite.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=27

3. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Drivers

Look for school teachers -shop teachers 99% of the time they wont have school the next day(s) after a storm . and quite often they get out early if a storm is coming . They wont need benefits as they are taken care of by the teaching job

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Seasonal lawn care,construction,irrigation,etc will have employee's looking for winter work.

5. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

A good source is also city employees, like firemen and police.