1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hino Trucks?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GSE, Mar 21, 2005.

1. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Anyone run these or hear anything about them? Looking for any feedback you guys might have....

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

hino makes a great truck! i used them a bit when i was in japan. they are just now well known here....they keep going and going!
  3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

My farming friend has three of them--they are disgustingly reliable! Like any cabover, they ride a lot like an army tank and are ugly as all sin, but one cannot argue with the record.

Here in North America, I heard they completely redesigned them this year though, doing away with the cab-overs and going to a standard. Haven't seen them nor heard about flaws or reliability record. Seemed like a really bad idea to me, the COE design was one of the reasons they were appealing (more useable space).