1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hinniker vplow problem

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by riccky3, Jan 27, 2008.

1. riccky3

riccky3 Junior Member

i have a v plow that intermitenly will not go up. seems like its trying to turn right when i try to go up, pump just whines and the blade tries to turn right but it cant.sometimes if i turn the controler off and back on it will then work for a bit.other times i just try running it in all positions and then it comes back and will go up . Im thinking bad controller ????
  2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

So when you try to turn it the plow trys to go up?

Check/clean your connections between the truck and plow. Ya know the ones on the front of the truck. I had an issue simialar to this, I didnt have it plugged in all the way ;)
  3. riccky3

riccky3 Junior Member

vplow problem

No when i try to go up, it dosent go up, it seems to be trying to turn right but cant .
  4. NBI Lawn

Yeah sorry thats what mine does too when it isnt plugged in all the way. My guess is a bad connection
  5. riccky3

riccky3 Junior Member

vplow problem

Dose anyone have a wiring schmatic ?
  6. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

You maybe able to download one from hiniker or if you have the manual there should be one in there!
  7. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

cant get it up

What year ,series, width?
  8. NBI Lawn

When did they change the harness?
  9. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Some of the first vee s that came out had a gray harness now they are all black, i asked what year cause the 2007 ones have power return to the cylinders and there is a different controller for them
  10. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

In case you decide you need a different controller. I have this used controller which I upgraded the joystick module with a new unit. The old joystick is next to the repaired controller.

I'll guarantee it functions. I hooked it up to my truck to test the U-D-L-R, plow lights and float functions. I didn't have a V-plow to test the scoop and Vee though. If there's a problem, I'll give you a refund.

$130 to your address.

11. dbdlandscaping

dbdlandscaping Junior Member
    from 44024

yea im new

do you still have that controler?? and is it the one that can be interchangeable?? or did you have to re-soder it?? i have a older v-plow that some times go's and does different movements when i try to angle it, it will hesitate and up is some times ifeee? do you think this will work??
  12. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

My Hiniker did the same thing. I unplugged the controller and sent to Hiniker.....they will check for free. They checked it and said nothing was wrong and sent it back. I plugged it back in cab after getting back from Hiniker an dwas going to work on my plow....when I hooked up to plow it worked fine.

I think my entire problem was I just needed to unhook the controller in cab and re-hook. I leave my controller in truck all the time, and I think after 3 years it just had bad connection develope.

Give this a try and see if it helps yours!

BTW......Call Hiniker and they will send you a wiring diagram for no charge.
  13. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

The grill plugs are very very very picky on these hinikers. Many guys replace them with trailer plugs for a better connection. or try cleaning and dielectric greasing your existing plugs.