1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hinkier C Plow wont move

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by hiniker1988, Feb 9, 2013.

1. hiniker1988

hiniker1988 Junior Member

I just bought a used Hiniker C plow. Ran all the wiring on the truck hooked up to the plow and I get no action on the plow. Selinod clicks and controler clicks but nothin with the plow.

What should I start checking? How can I check the motor or pump to see if they are good or not?

2. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

do you have a spare solenoid? clicking doesn't guarantee that it is good. try swapping it out (with the power disconnected). also check all fuses and wiring. also unplug and replug in the main harness wire/s and use some dielectric grease on the connector if you have it. also be sure to check the fluid level as well. Also a must: disconnect both battery terminals and clean them good; try to wire brush both the post and the clamp. I usually coat the terminals with a light dab of grease or light oil if I don't have the corrosion preventer on hand.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  3. hiniker1988

hiniker1988 Junior Member

Thanks....I got it fixed. Had some bad connections. Got everything up and running just in time for the big snow.

4. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member