1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hinker problem

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by polloc, Jan 10, 2007.

1. polloc

polloc Junior Member

I Finally Got A 7'6 Hiniker Plow For My 2007 Jeep4 Door. Love The Plow But I Have Had Some Problems . First The Forks On The Frame Cracked A Weld On Both Forks , Welded Them Back No Big Deal But My Big Problem Started When New . The Plow Would Kill The Whole Elec System , Thought I Needed Bigger Alt Or Battery But I Let The Truck Sit And 4 Minuets Later It Starts And Runs Fine Except The Radio Cuts In And Out When I Move The Plow . The Jeep Dealer Has Reprogrammed The Vehicle Twice But Still Happens . The Dealer Where I Bought The Plow Hooked Up His Hiniker Tester And Says Everything Is Hooked Up Properly . Any Body Have Ideas?

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

What do you meen by kils the whole electricle system?

if the radio cuts out when you operate the pump sounds like Batt and alt are to small. what do your volt meater says when you lift the blade?

3. polloc

polloc Junior Member

Its Like The Elec System Just Dies , As In No Battery Charge Whatssoever . The Car Will Not Start And Shows No Sign Of Power , I Turn The Vehicle Off For 3-5 Minuets , Evrything Powers On Like Normal And Starts Fine . I Have An Oversized Alt On Already But It Seems Irt Is Something In The Computer Or Something . The Radio Cuts Out But Never Bothers Heater Blower , Power Windows Or Lights . The Radio Cuts Out For One Second, Im Wondering If The Plow Gets Its Power From The Same Place As The Radio And Pull All That Juice From The Circuit?

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

1.Where is your plow grounded to ?
    Ground it to the same place the alt is grounded on the motor.

2. the +pos goes to the solenoid but where is the Pos lead hooked to the batt or the fuse box?

I would use the pos terminal on the batt.

3. clean and tighten all electrical connections.

4. have you changed the hydraulic fluid lately,
    when you do take the ress off and clean it out. remove the bolts that hold it on, then you will need to wiggle it or give a small hit with your hand to pop it loose.

5. Fisher05f350

Fisher05f350 Junior Member

Buddy of mine is havin the same problem. 99 F350 with a 7'6" Hinker first time to go out hooked up backed out of the garage dropped plow and let truck warm up. Went to lift plow and nothing. Messed around with it ended up replacing selonid and motor got it running then started to kill the truck when going to lift plow. Tested all connections cleaned everything and found the hot wire in the fuse panel had worked loose, pushed it back in and next snow worked fine. This last snow worked fine right up to the end and started again shut the truck down grabbed breakfast and went to fire back up lift the plow and killed the truck. Hot lead is tight in the fuse panel, but still wants to kill the truck...

Now the truck itself is acting up, didn't have a problem b4 this last snow. But he says now the truck is shifting up and down like it is hunting for gears and when it shifts it shifts hard. Sounds like there may be a fried sensor... Could this all be related we don't know.

Anyone have thoughts?