1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by MileHigh, Dec 15, 2008.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

How do you guys like Hiniker plows?...sounds like a beer company to me.

I just bought one that came with a truck...It's much nicer than my meyer...looks mean as hell actually, just wanted to know what the majority of people think about them...I really haven't heard to much of them on this site other then there limited forum on here.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  2. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

It is a good plow I had a 8ft straight blade it was very dependable. I just upgraded to the poly V and so far I love it . you will be happy with the hiniker.
  3. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have an 8 year old c-plow (the old style) and haven't had a single problem with it. The attachment system is great and very quick. I might upgrade to the redesigned poly version next year. My only complaint is the electrical connections, I wish it had one beefy plug like boss instead of the 3 wimpy connectors.
  4. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

I'm on my third season with my 9' poly scoop. It's made it onto 3 different trucks so far. Never had one problem. Replaced the cutting edge today and everything on it is still very solid. Plow is very quick and hydraulics are strong. I'll be buying another one when I pick up my next truck hopefully this week.
  5. MileHigh

damn...I think if this was about meyer..I would have three complaints...LOL.

keep em coming, makes me feel good about my purchase...

guys that see this, I have a thread in the Hiniker forum that has some questions I know you hiniker owners would be able to answer real quick..go check it out
  6. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Very good plows. I don't have much to complain about with the 8' straight blade I have on one of my trucks. The grill plugs usually suck, but other than that you'll be good to go, They throw the snow farther than most plows when windrowing. Notice how the A frame is made from box tubing instead of weaker angle iron like most others? They are well built plows that for some reason seem to not be as popular as they should be. Congrats and enjoy because you'll never want to use that Meyers of yours again.
  7. Snow-Con

Snow-Con Member

That's why I bought the Hiniker (well, that and the dealer is about five minutes away). I've haunted this place and a couple of other plowing boards and most of the comments about the others were "this broke" and "that doesn't work how do I fix it", but no one ever complains about their Hinikers.

Plus, when I filled out the contact form on their site to ask a question, I got an email back from the company's sales manager, and he was very nice and chatty. Seems like quality all the way around.
  8. whitehat55

whitehat55 Junior Member
    from MA

Wonderful plow. Haven't had one problem with my C-Plow. I won't ever by another.
  9. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Is your plow an 8ft or 7 1/2? when you first bought it your threads said 8 ft but now in your sig it says 7 1/2ft. Got a chance to go out plowing with it yet?
  10. baltz526

baltz526 Member

my 8.5' strait plow has never had any issue, other than a couple cracked welds on mount. caused buy misuse. hitting boulders at 10mph or big potholes bouncing the blade while packed with snow.
  11. MileHigh

When I first got it, I eyeballed it. It looked so much bigger than my Meyer so I figured It had to be an 8'.

Well I whipped out the old tape. Whatdya know, It;s a 7.6. I was a little disapointed.

Good thing is, I just slapped wings and a deflector on it...and it looks mean as hell.
  12. Scott13136

Scott13136 Member

I am on my 4th season with my 8.5 and I love it.