1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Wings

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by NBI Lawn, Dec 13, 2007.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Who makes the best set of wings for a straight blade Hiniker? Those that have them, would you do it again?

Thanks

2. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I have the Buyers pro wings on mine. They do well, you just have to be careful with them as they are built a little on the light side. As long as you are smart about it, they'll last awhile.

I haven't ever used the box end wings from Hiniker. I do too many large lots with a lot of windrowing to ever use them.

3. pinepointe

pinepointe Senior Member

I just bought the new hiniker scoop 9' model. and love it, I would choose this blade over my 9.5' hiniker v blade and day. Anyway there is a local guy that is using the box ends on his blade and i'm impressed with how effective they are in a large lot. I just helped a buddy install pro wings on a 7.5' boss blade so i will let you know how they work after this weekend. They do however look a little weak.

4. NBI Lawn

We just picked up two 9' Hiniker scoops as well, really like them. I am just wondering what wing is the best for the straight blades

5. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I use the box ends and they are not bad on light snow, on heavy snow I take the left one off to roll snow better. I was thinking of buying the poly V or the scoop next year. Which would you guys suggest?

6. NBI Lawn

I really like the scoop. Easier to use and work on then the V's IMO. Only issue with them is back dragging against curbs.