1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Wings, where can you find them

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by cole22, Nov 30, 2010.

1. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

Hey everyone I'm looking on line and can't find wings for my plow. I would like to get wings like on the western plows does hiniker or does anyone make wings that work like they do? Can anyone please help me where I could pick up a set or two. Thanks everyone.ussmileyflag
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

Check with a Hiniker authorized dealer. Hiniker is very loyal to their dealers and most Hiniker parts are only avaliable through them. I'm not shure if they have wings like that though.
    I have seen that style wings but I don't recall if they were for Hiniker or not.

I have a set of pro wings on my straight blade and I'm happy with them, espically after considering the price vs some of the manufacturer's wings. I got mine throught CPW, good prices and fast shipping.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Hiniker doesn't make any, which sucks
  4. cole22

cole22 Senior Member

Looks like the farmer gonna have to go the fab shop and just build'em at the fab shop.
  5. timtpa

timtpa Member

Hiniker does make what they call box ends. These things are awesome and in my opinion far superior then prow wings(no drilling)! My ex-Hiniker dealer has a bunch of them and they were trying to rid of them before they dropped Hinker. Got mine a year ago for $125, which is prob well below cost.
    Van-a-do in Anderson Indiana 765-778-7475
    They no longer cary Hiniker, but was told they still have accessories
    Here is a link to show what they look like.
  6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Box ends are nothing like wings in my opinion. I made box ends for my 8' straight which are far superior to Hinikers piece. Also I don't believe box ends would work on a V because of how the last rib and mold board meet at the ends. You could grind down 1/4" of mold board so it is flush with the last rib but...that's seems silly. Also, box ends make it difficult to windrow deep snow and with a V you would be essentially decreasing your scoop width by over a foot.
    There really isn't anything available other than PW22 ProWings for an actual "wing" for the hiniker...straight or V. I have been wondering how difficult it would be to make a set of western wings work but they are UBER expensive just to try. Best bet is start fabbing and see what you come up with. I would highly recommend at least looking at the Western wing (maybe its a Boss wing???) for a good idea/starting point.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Hiniker dealer around here sells the "sno-wing" wings with the plows..There a much better build than the pro-wings.

In the Colorado Weather Thread we just posted up some pics of them a few days ago.

Have a link/website for the sno-wing?
  9. outlaw66

outlaw66 Junior Member

had cheapie northern tool wings on hinikers in past, and had good luck with how they were abused!
  10. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Has anyone tried replacing the rubber on the Hiniker box ends with poly? The problem with the box ends is they leak snow out the corners, and the stiffer poly might help.

I would try thicker rubber I think the poly will end up bending stuff. At least the thicker rubber will give a little
  12. timtpa

timtpa Member

I totally agree! I hate the thin streakers that mine was leaving, so I picked up some (4) new pins that fasten the box ends to the plow and give it a nice, snug fit. After I put the new pins on I trimmed the rubber to where it was flush with the bottom of the cutting edge. Makes a huge differance! I wish I knew what the pins were actually called?? If you go to tractor supply or lowes you can find something that will work.
    *Note Make sure you leave just a little play, but not enough to let any snow thru. Also, make sure that u have the ends rigged so they will still brake off if you hit something and not damage your plow or the box ends! The same way they were designed by Hiniker!
    We have the box ends on 2 of our Hiniker plows and it is unbelievable how well they work! We get our lots and driveways so clean that other companys and trucks stop to ask us what we are using!
    If the snow is too deep, dont be afraid to pull one or both of them off! Other than that, the are incredible!