1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker will not operate any ideas?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Prestige Lawn, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Prestige Lawn

Prestige Lawn Junior Member

I have a 8 FT straight 05. Plow has worked all season . I lowered the plow to park and it would not raise or turn left or right when i got back in the vehicle.. The controller light is on.

The controller will operate if i jump the two poles on the solenoid. I tried to replace the solenoid with a generic part from the auto parts store to get me by but i didn't have any luck.

All my relays are new this year, the solenoid was replaced in the beginning of the season.

If any one has any ideas please let me know ..

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Have you checked the fuse off the positive side of the battery to the sol.? Well it isn't the sol. it works if jumpered out so you can eliminate that.
    Just looked at a schematic it has to be the fuse, the sol. works when jumpered so it's good and the controller is sending signal you just aren't getting power to the control voltage side of the sol. A test light can be your friend
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  3. Prestige Lawn

The fuse is good . Do the relays control the signal to the solenoid? The plugs for the relays are corroded . I tried to clean them up its just very difficult. Should i check anything specific with the test light. I talked to the guys at Hiniker they told me Operate the remote and use the light on the small pins on the sol. to see if they were hot i didn't get anything.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You could use battery terminal cleaner to clean up the relay blocks. Of the 3 relays 1 is high beams 1 is low beams and the other is accessory. Yes it does control plow function. You could try switching the relays around (they are all the same) to see if it's bad. Pretty sure they aren't labeled but the accessory relay is RL1, low beam is RL2 , and HB is RL3
  5. Prestige Lawn

Thanks for the help it ended up being a split wire on the remote. I must have yanked it.
  6. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

You gotta be careful how you yank things...

7. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Clean them up ...And put some Dielectric grease on them...
    To prevent future corrosion..
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  8. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Funny, the same thing happened to me this past week. So I took it off and drove the truck since my mom has mine :D anyway. I went and got 2 new relays, put them in, hooked it all back up and... nothing.. so i though "what the hell", stuck the old relays back in and hit the button and up she came. Very confusing...