1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker V-Plow Slow Moving Cyliner

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Troybaseball21, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

The left side of my v-plow has a slow moving cylinder. It goes up and down just fine, and the right (passenger) side moves just fine. Any idea's what could be causing this. Fluid is fine. I'm going to check all of the connections and see if those could be it, but if anyone else has an idea then I would appreciate some help.

2. WINTERGROUP

WINTERGROUP Member

Slow Mover

I Am Not Sure About Hiniker, But Just A Idea, Boss Used To Have(i Do Not Know About Currant Year) One Pop-it Valve To Operate Left And Right, If It Has Only One, Maybe Sticking Valve . I Have Seen It On A Older Fisher Belt/pump System , The Lift Clyinder Hose Had Collapsed In Side Causing It To Raise Slow. If The Hoses Are Long Enough, Reverse Hoses See If Pproblem Reverses.

3. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

Problem Fixed

The tension retract spring needed to be adjusted, and the cylinder needed to be lubricated a little bit. The plow is functioning just fine now.