1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiniker v plow light problems

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by petesauto05, Nov 25, 2012.

1. petesauto05

petesauto05 Junior Member
    from wi

i have a 2 year old v plow i just purchased. i wiried the truck as directed. but when turn headlights on even if plow is off my truck the low and high beams are on all the time. i cant switch them from low to high.. when i put plow on truck and hook up wires, plow lights are on both high and low, not able to switch. if i unplug headlight harness lights work fine. so i know its in the plow harness.ive switched relays around no change. any advice

thanks

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

It would be helpful to know what kind of truck and headlight bulbs you have. I'm guessing it's something to do with the adapter. Maybe plugged in backwards or not the right adapter.

3. petesauto05

petesauto05 Junior Member
    from wi

its a 06 chevy silverado 2500hd. its the right harness, they only plug in one way. one has a single grove the other 2

4. bliz&hinikerDLR

That is kinda what I thought ... there are two adapters for the chevy that look identical, except for the color of the wires going into the two prong adapters. Which part number adapter are you using?

Here is a chart to help determine bulb/plug types. Not sure if it is needed in this case but I refer to it a lot.

Attached Files:

5. bliz&hinikerDLR

Yes. Just found it. The '06 GM full size pickups use 38813042. Some 99-02 GM full size pickups use 38813046. The adapters look the same except wire color. Any chance this might be your problem?