1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker v-plow center flap

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by getplowedmt, Sep 30, 2007.

1. getplowedmt

getplowedmt Junior Member
    from Montana

Ok, after two seasons with the v-plow I have promised myself (and my windshield wipers) that I wouldn't plow another mountain road in full "v" without the center flap. I do have flaps on the wings and when we plow in town I find myself using the plow mostly as a straight blade (except for stacking) so that doesn't become a visibility problem.

My question out there is how have you fellow Hiniker v-plow operators placed the center flap to keep the snow off your windshield?. Have you tried to keep the flap tucked under the top metal plate or just gone over it? I was thinking of tucking it under and bolting to my wing flaps on each side. At full stack it would allow it to buckle up (hopefully) and not tear.

Any thoughts or paths already traveled would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help!

We sit at 4200 feet and the snow is down to 4500. We could be pushing real soon here.

'95 Dodge diesel w/ 8'-6" Hiniker v-plow
  2. cattrader

cattrader Member
    from pa

v plow center flap.

i made one last night. il post a pic tommorrow
  3. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

still waiting for that picture