1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker V-controller $125 and 6 function harness $275

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by W8N4snow, Jan 17, 2008.

1. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

V-Controller #V15711247 for sale. $125 obo

C & V Harness #38813033, less headlight pigtails, less power solenoid and less 2-wire grill plug and grill mount (as would be ordered from the factory for that part number). $275 obo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

What would you need to have for both together? PM me or post...

3. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

Exmark1 I'd be glad to send them your way for $375. My ZIP is 48331 to figure shipping from. I have a straight blade, so never had these hooked up to my truck. They were part of a deal I made for a Ford mount. Seems like I saw the new harness for $300 alone somewhere.

4. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

Just checked it out on my truck. Plow functioned as expected, LED green for power and orange in float. I obviously couldn't check Vee or Scoop. U-D-L-R directions worked, but joystick seems sticky and may need to be swapped out. I took it apart and it's one of the soldered on ones. 5 soldered connections. Looks easy to do, but you'd need the right joystick from Hiniker. Rest feels OK. $60 for the controller. $310 for both and I'll ship it to the lower 48 N/C.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't believe the older solder switch models can be changed. We had one fail and had to replace the entire controller

6. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

I figured I'd look around and see what it would take and where to get a replacement joystick module.

7. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

V-plow 6 function harness $225.

Controller isn't available, I'm looking into a fix.

8. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

Just got back from the Hiniker dealer, E-something on Mount Rd,Warren Mi. He happened to have the newer joystick module that is supposed to simply plug into the newer controller.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's configured similar to my joystick module and all I needed to do was unsolder the old joystick from the board and trim back the longer pins on my board so the module would set in the board correctly. The new module just plugged right in after that. I verifed the U-D-R-L, truck/plow light and float LED functions, but don't have a V-blade to check the Scoop and Vee functions. This upgraded controller can now be adjusted so that the joystick function is reversed if that's what is needed. If anyone needs more info or a hand fixing theirs, feel free to contact me.

I'll guarantee that this works to who ever buys it or they can return it for a refund.

V-controller $130 to wherever in the lower 48.

I don't think I can PM yet, couldn't last time I tried.

9. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

joystick

99% of the time the joystick has dirt in them causing them to malfunction, they are very touchy!!!!!!!!! , make sure the o ring is clean and replaced when you put it back together, use air to blow it out , by the picture you posted i can clearly see the wad of lint, sand, dirt around the pivot part of the stick.Majority of these problems are because of that believe me or not:)

10. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

That's the old one I threw out. The rubber dust shield had failed.

11. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

Shameless self bump.