1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker V-Box wiring diagram????'s

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jiriki87, Oct 25, 2003.

1. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

I picked-up a used Hiniker 8' V-box and I can't get the wiring right. Everything seems to be wired right, power's good, new solenoid, but no juice in the box. Does anyone have any suggestions, or better yet a factory wiring diagram? Any help would be grteat.

Thanks in advance,
    Peter:confused:

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

you may need 12 to the box from ignition.
    Dino

3. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Make a ground from the V-box to the truck.

This is a must do.

I could scan in my Western diagram.

4. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

thanks for the advice. I'm now blowing the 8 amp fuses. She now runs, but I cannot get the clutch to engage/disengage. The cluthc looks like it is a round go-cart looking clutch, but all it wants to do is continue to spin @ engine speeds??? Does anyone have any further insight?

thanks,
    Peter:dizzy:

5. plowking35

from SE CT

you need to get 12v off th engage switch to make it work
    test the clutch by running a test lead from a 12v source to the hot side of the clutch engagement, and see if you hear a loud click, once you get that trace that hot lead back to the cab, and get 12 v to it

Dino

6. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

plowking- thanks for the insite. My electrical apttitude is very limited. I traced the 12V clutch lead from the control box. one wire going to the solenoid, two grounds? and one that doesn't make any sense at all. the clutch (go -cart 4' disc clutch) doesn't seem to have any power, or any connections for that matter.

You don't have a wiring diagram, or any places to find pictures do you?

thanks again,
    Peter

7. plowking35

from SE CT