1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker trouble shooting

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PlanesmanPlow, Nov 10, 2014.

1. PlanesmanPlow

PlanesmanPlow Junior Member
    from Roberts

I have a straight Hinkiker. Just hooked it up for the new storm. Lights on the control read go, green. Lights work, solinoid clicks for each command, left, right and up, but blade only gives a slight hesitation, no real motion. Seems like a pump issue. Fluid levels are good. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    PlanesmanPlow

2. 1997chevy

1997chevy Member

Check all your connections

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Almost sounds like a motor issue

4. PlanesmanPlow

from Roberts

I'll get out the steel wool... I did verify a tight connection at each terminal, but I will dig deeper.

5. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Does the motor run when the solenoid clicks?

6. PlanesmanPlow

from Roberts

Update: Actually, nothing at the plow, the solinoid noise I heard was under the hood. Motor does not run. I clean all terminals, I suppose next step is to verify power, will do that and report back.
    Thanks all

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok then test light out of the solenoid, then at the motor for positive electrical

8. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

As diesel said: use a test light on the plow side big pole on the solenoid to confirm positive power when raise function is pressed. If no: replace solenoid. If yes: check for power at the motor when solenoid raise function is pressed. If power at motor: repair or replace motor. If no power at motor: confirm good ground at motor and then test for power at truck side power plug. If power at plug: spread out pins and clean connection, reinstall and retest. If no power at truck side power plug: start over because you probably screwed up.