1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker the only "V" with trip edge?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sawboy, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Am I loopy, or is Hiniker the only plow out there making a 9.5' V with the trip edge. I'd really like to go Boss or Western, but I don't see that they have the trip edge on their V's. Is that right fellas?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hiniker, Fisher, Western, Snowdogg all have trip edges. I think only Boss and Snoway are full trip, and Snowdogg makes a 9.5' as well.

3. Sawboy

They have trip edges yes. But as far as I can tell, only on their straight blades. I want a V, but really want the trip edge

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Basher was right, those companies he listed do make trip edge V plows.

5. Sawboy

Hmmm. Don't know how I'm missing it. Lemme look again, cuz I REEEEALY wanna go with a Boss

6. Sawboy

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Boss doesn't make a trip edge Vee, If you want a direct lift trip edge vee you need to buy a Hiniker.

8. Sawboy

Ok. So I'm not crazy. If I want a V with a trip edge, it's Hiniker or nothing. Thanks Basher

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No, see post 2 you can get other trip edge vees but they are chain lift. I forgot Meyer they offer a trip edge Vee in their Diamond line also. Good luck with the reading dis-order:waving:

10. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Wat. Post 2 specified all manufacturers who made trip edge Vs. You never specified chain lift or direct lift.

11. Sawboy

I'm okay with chain lift. But I swear, I must be have brain damage from too many years playing linebacker. Where is the trip edge Vee Western???

12. Sawboy

13. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing: :waving:

http://www.westernplows.com/specifications.asp?product=mvp#view

Here's the specs, notice the MVP's don't have any shock absorbers, because they are trip edge.............................

And click on the end of the blade in the last link you posted, where it says "backside of blade", and you'll clearly see where it labels it as a double trip edge..............

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  14. Sawboy

No shocks = trip edge? Sweet. Had western before, and would like to stick with what I know. Thanks jomama!

15. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

No problem, just kinda suprised such esteemed members as basher & Camden couldn't have just helped you right away..................... ;)

:laughing:

16. Sawboy

AHHHHHH HA! From Tim Wallaces site.

"Each wing of this snowplow incorporates a trip-edge so that when the blade strikes an obstacle only the lower edge trips back. Essential to the efficient design of an adjustable V-plow, this feature protects the plow and your truck in all blade positions and keeps plowed snow out in the front of the blade so you keep on working."

17. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Well Western took a cue from their new plows and made their website an uninformative piece of crap too.

18. Sawboy

Looks like Tim Wallace is gonna get a call tomorrow. Looks like his prices for the poly 9.5 are the best. Does anyone know what he charges for installs? And does he do lighting?

19. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Hold on a sec. Have you ever used a V or seen a Western V in person?

20. Sawboy

Yes. Had a western on my truck years ago when I plowed. Loved it. Had it for five years. Never an issue and the cab command is the best controller I've ever seen.