1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker stacking..........

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by 04hd, Mar 7, 2013.

1. 04hd

04hd Senior Member
    from WI

:help:I have a newer hiniker 8ft straight blade. last year we had maybe 3 times we had plowable snow so the piles were not tall. I'm some what frustrated with my plows stacking ability. Seems as though the plow comes up as i go into the pile then won't raise any further then the raised position:realmad:. That being said I also am concerned that where my plow mounts is very loose. Example: I set plow down, leave controller in float, go out front and wiggle the light frame (towards the truck then away not side to side) and that whole assembly wiggles with alot of play on the forks. :confused: This site has not let me down yet!!!!!!!! Any help/tips/info is greatly appreciated.

2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Is this your first plow? Hiniker stacks just as well as any other straight blade. A chain lift plow might stack a little higher. When pushing into a pile it is normal for the plow to rise into the pile...it's not going to move the whole thing. When you do push into a pile it maxes out the linkage which means that's as high as the blade will go so naturally it won't rise. As far as the play goes all Hinikers have some forward/backward play in them. It's just fork and pocket design. I assume that's why they had fatigue breaks on the heavier plows.

3. 04hd

04hd Senior Member
    from WI

No not my first plow, 2nd plow had a snoway before this and it seemed to stack way higher. I guess a better question to ask would've been if there was a way to make my plow raise higher. I have only one place that stacking snow is a must the rest I have plenty of room so higher piles aren't needed. I see you own a hiniker 8foot i am assuming straight blade?? Have you any opinion on box ends? I bought a pair from a person on craigslist for $100. They are close to $300 at the stealership. I have yet to put them on or use them. When I leaned them up against my plow they did seem to be very long, as in making the boxed in part very deep.Sorry for rambling. also thanks in advance for your help/info

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

There isn't a way to make it go higher. If you check out the linkage you will see exactly how it operates and why it raises higher when you push into a pile that it will just with the hydraulics.
    I did have a straight blade. I made my own box ends for it. They were much larger and more HD than the factory style. I now run a 9' scoop and 8.5' V.

5. mikes-plow

mikes-plow Senior Member

I think on the linkage ther is two holes to chose from to either let you raise the plow higher of the ground or it will let the plow go lower( like if you let the plow go down in a ditch or plow up over a crown in the road). as far as stacking, i have the same plow and it stacks with the best of them(other than a v in scoop ofcourse)! IMO The only flaw i see with the plow is that it trips to easy for me and it has the inner and outer springs that measure to factory. just never got around to try to tighten them yet. gl to ya Thumbs Up

6. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

Did your old plow have box ends or wings? Any plow will stack higher with wings or ends because you carry a lot more snow in front of you to help push up the pile.This is why a V plow stacks so well.

7. 04hd

04hd Senior Member
    from WI

You know, that question turned the light bulb on:nod: I had made box ends for my old plow(from scratch) and that thing would make some tall piles. Those wings stuck out 8inches. I now feel like I wasted peoples time. I did look at my plow lift linkage alot more closely. I now under stand what stops it from coming up any further. Live and learn and if you didn't learn anything chances are you lived a hell of a boring life.

8. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

Haha!! It's ok, We all have our moments. Where in Wisconsin are you from 04HD?

9. 04hd

04hd Senior Member
    from WI

I'm from Poynette. About 20 min north of Madison