1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiniker scoop

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Advancedexc, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Advancedexc

Advancedexc Junior Member
    from Indiana

we are looking to get a hiniker scoop plow installed on our 04 dodge 1 ton. how do you guys like the hiniker plow. We have had blizzards in the past but the are heavy blades.

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have never owned a scoop plow, I have had 3 Hiniker V-plows and 2 Hiniker straight blades and have never had any serious problems with any of them. They are built very well and seem to take ALOT of abuse or hard use well.
    I really like the ease of attaching and removing the plow from the truck, the only real issue is the grill plugs for the wiring are kind of picky and may give issues

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I have own a used Hiniker for about 6 yrs ..... They aren't bad except like mentioned above the plug ins are a little behind in TECH.....Other wise they are easy to hook up ... ! !

4. Advancedexc

Advancedexc Junior Member
    from Indiana

thanks for the input I think I will get it set up and installed I want it to be easy to hookup as my father will be the one using it and hooking it up.

5. ultimatetrucks

ultimatetrucks Junior Member

Where are you located at in Indiana? You will like the scoop for its ease of weight and user friendly hook-up. Our customers have really liked the scoop plow once they get to use it. Are you going with the 8 ft or 9 ft? Just curious. You will like the plow both performance and durabuility.

6. mrplowmn

mrplowmn Junior Member

I'm looking at buying the scoop as well. Has anyone had a problem with the locking latch? I heard that these can be a bear to get on and off, as well as, possibly bending.

7. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy Member

I have a 9 foot scoop on one of our dodges. Love the plow great for parking lots. We have a hard time getting it on. I think my mount is to high.. We put new cutting edges on $265 ouch.

We are going to get another one over a v blade thats how much I like it.

Only draw back is if it drifts it harder to bust through them compared to a V.

I can get pics if any one wants to see

8. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I love them easy on/off, I think they are faster than a V. If it isn't faster it is lighter and easier on the truck. I have a Hiniker 8.5V as a backup sitting in the shop, wasn't used last year. Make sure when you remove a Hiniker you compress the lift cylinder all the way otherwise the headgear will flop forward making it a PTA to get on. FYI if this happens pull the truck up to the plow close enough to plug it in and hit float and push the head gear back up and compress the cylinder all the way. You will save yourself alot of fnhimers.