1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Scoop

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by zeke99, Nov 17, 2005.

1. zeke99

zeke99 Junior Member
    from WI

I'm picking up a new scoop plow this week and was wondering if there is anything to watch out for while using it. I have hiniker V's , C's, and straight
    blades and I anticipate good performance.

Zeke

2. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

take pics of your plows i would love to see all of them and let me know what you think of the scoop plow

3. zeke99

zeke99 Junior Member
    from WI

The scoop looks like a nice unit we will see how it performs. The only photos
    I have are 2 years old but still fairly current. We run all Hiniker except for
    one Curtis and one Boss V.

Zeke

1010033.jpg

2022222.jpg

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Zeke- Have you had any problems with the Hinikers? How have they held up for ya? Is there anything that you don't like about the plows?
    Thanks

William

5. zeke99

zeke99 Junior Member
    from WI

The biggest issue we've had has been the controllers failing, especially the first ones we purchased. It seems they have that problem solved.
    We have some plows going on 8 seasons with no major problems so they have held up pretty good. On a whole we are happy nothing to complain about.

Zeke

6. crocket

crocket Junior Member
    from SW PA.

scoop plows.

We've had good luck with all the hiniker models.As for the joysticks that have changed them and have even went as far as making the toggle switch itself replaceable and reversable so you can reverse the up and down on the joystick.The replacement toggle is only 35.00 instead of 200. to300. for a joystick.If you keepthe joystick clean and not on the floor or in the dirt theywill last much longer.Good luck on your new plow.

7. xjayman

xjayman Junior Member
    from wi

hello all,first time poster here. I have a hiniker v plow , bout brand new in 2000, just blew the original hose but that is the only thing ive had happen since it was new besides replacing cutting blades. I still have original controller and I see they have new design now, that will probably be the next thing that fails. Biggest knock I have on hiniker is the lack of dealer in the milwaukee wi area. hard to get parts. other than that Id reccomend hiniker plows

8. zeke99

zeke99 Junior Member
    from WI

xjayman,

We buy ours from Kraus Snow Plows in New Holstein,WI. They also work
    with Bob Fish GMC in West Bend on selling and servicing Hiniker.
    Glad to here your having good luck with your V. We have three and we are also very happy with how they have performed.

Zeke

9. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Have you had that scoop plow in action yet Zeke?

I like that unit and am curious about it.

10. zeke99

zeke99 Junior Member
    from WI

My brother pushed with it last friday night and he said he likes the added
    capacity over the straight blade he used in the past. The snow we had
    was a little difficult to contain so I don't believe it was a true test.
    I will post more on it as we use it more.

Zeke

11. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

I can see the benefit of the design, but what Im concerned about is how it windrows and backdrags.

Keep us posted.

12. Hawkc01

Hawkc01 Member

just purchased the 8' scoop and really like it. I don't do alot of large p-lots so my experience with windrows is limited. it seems to do well in that situation with little to no spill. straight plowing you get a little spill at the the end of your section. if i had larger lots i would seriously consider pro-wings to eliminate the spill, but i do feel it does a much better job at controling the load vs. a straight blade. i am surprised at how well it does at back dragging. i give a little more gas which seems to put a little more pressure on the blade for back dragging. my experience thus far has been in 4'' or less with a total of 3 events.

question: what is the best method of hooking this type of system? how do you drive into plow without the plow being pushed (too far) forward durning hook up. does anyone grease the hook up areas for a better hook up?

13. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Nolan,
    You wrecked the '05 :realmad:

14. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Yea i had a woman pull out in front of me and i blasted her car. She had no insurance too:gunsfiring: Its going to cost me 2gs to fix it.:eek:

15. Stoney

Stoney Member
    from NW OHIO

Do you have any info on where to get the replacement toggles for the controller? Thanks.

16. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

There is a complete controller listed on Ebay right now.

17. Grunt0311

Grunt0311 Member

Does anyone have any experience plowing with the V Blades between Boss and Hiniker? I am curious how they compare. Also, what does a Hiniker V Blade cost?

18. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

you may want to start a new thread with this question.

19. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I like my fisher so much with the prowings on that I will most likely get the Hiniker Scoop for my next plow. I do small to medium sized lots and the wings just make it awesome. I had them off doing my residential's and when I got to my lot I didn't put them on(it was cold out:rolleyes: ) after two swipes with the straight blade and said f this and put the wings on.

Windrowing is easier with wings (or scoop) because you can take bigger bites with your blade.

20. Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet Junior Member
    from Iowa

Just wondering if you have problems pushing snow over the curbs? I looked at one, but thought that it might leave some snow when you raised the plow up to get over the curb.