1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Scoop vs. Snoway

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by smenchhofer, Dec 7, 2008.

1. smenchhofer

smenchhofer Junior Member
    from in

Do not post much here but I do read alot have a few comments regarding my recent experience.

I have been plowing for 10 years and have used Snoway 100%. Thought they were the way. Recently sold one Snoway and purchased Hiniker Scoop.

Preliminary thoughts and observations are the scoop outperforms the Snoway straight blade in backdragging and general plowing in side by side comparison. Even using the famous down pressure, the Snoway cannot compare to the Hiniker Scoop scraping ability. The Snoway seems to rider of top of the ice/pack where the scoop gets down and dirty. I have only compared the plows in lighter snow accumulations and look forward to seeing the difference, if any during heavier accumulations.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Are the cutting edges on both plows the same size and width?
    You can't compare a used cutting edge to a new one.
  3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

If you want a plow just to backdrag hardpack try a hiniker C plow. ;)
  4. smenchhofer

smenchhofer Junior Member
    from in

Yes, both plows have new cutting edges and are running w/o shoes. I plan to check this out further as we get more snow, but for right now the Snoway appears to be in 2nd place.

I did not think there would be such a difference in actual plowing/scraping. I would think they would both operate about the same...
  5. TEX

TEX Senior Member

keep us posted