1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiniker question HELP

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CGLC, Aug 23, 2005.

1. CGLC

CGLC Senior Member

I might be purchasing a Hiniker 8 foot streight blade very very soon and want to hear any input from you fellow snowplowers. Also does Hiniker offer a back drag blade on that type of plow.

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I have heard different things about the Hiniker plows. I was looking at one my self by I talked to a local dealer and he said that alot of people do not like them. I've read where they are known for blowing controller. Now this might be on the older models, I'm not sure about the newer ones. As far as the backdrag blade, Hiniker makes the C-Plow, which has dual cutting edges,one on top of the blade and one in the normal location. The moldboard has a piano hinge that runs along the length of the plow, and it will fold over allowing for backdragging.

William

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I had a 9' straight blade in 2001. I didn't like the way it would pinch off the way it hooked on the truck if you didn't have it set just right.

This was a plow that had a cylinder attached straight to the lift of the plow, no chains.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one that had that setup again.

4. CGLC

CGLC Senior Member

Well i ended up buying an new 8 foot and had the place i bought it from make me a custom back drag blade so i don't know how it will turn out but we will see

5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Congrats on the new plow!! Got any pics?

William

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

One tip, just incase, if you have any problems with erratic functions or controllers burning up, ask your dealer to switch coils on the valves to a 2 wire coil with one of the wires going to the ground wire for the motor. I found that the coils were losing ground between the valve and coil and were shorting out internally causing the controller to melt down, after switching to a 2 wire havent had any problems with the plows that were switched over. This was mostly a problem with the down coil.

7. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I have a hiniker and love it. No problems here. :waving:

8. CGLC

CGLC Senior Member

Thanks for the input

Thanks guys for the input, it is really nice to have such an open board for help. I will try to get pictures out but i am pretty full with school and lawn care thanks to everyone .