1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Ques

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by I RocDuP I, Jan 23, 2012.

1. I RocDuP I

I RocDuP I Member

Alright so finally it just snowed in NY and got to test out the new plow. The thing ran great, even my dad who loves his fishers thought it ran good. But now I have a problem when I went to disconnect the plow from the truck I put the plow down and left the controller in float mode. Now with it disconnected the light bar or head unit whatever you guys call it wants to collapse and fall foward. Even with that red thing with the grooves in it up. I did step on it to retract the lift cylinder but have never had this problem before. Anyone else have a solution?

Thanks

2. scottydosnntkno

scottydosnntkno Member

You must not have pushed the cylinder in far enough. Just step on it and it'll slowllyyyyyy retract all the way, sometimes takes your whole body. You should only see about 1/2" of cylinder sticking out when its fully retracted.

Also set your kickstand with the blade about 6" off the ground and then drop the plow in float and compress the cylinder.

Other than that, I don't know what else you could be doing wrong above is what I do

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You didn't collapse the lift cylinder, just pull the truck close enough to plug in the electrical then put the controller in float, push the head gear up then step on the cylinder and get it to collapse all the way. If you don't do the above you will have fun trying to get it back on

4. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

X2 on leaving the plow raise a few inches then set the kickstand.

I also put a board or flat rock under the stand. My drive gets soft when we get warmer temps, and it will sink making the plow a pain to mount...

5. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

After doing all the above with the cylinder, turn the controller back on and "momentarily" raise the plow to take out of the float. Try not to raise the cylinder. Taking out of float will lock the cylinder, keeping the plow from drifting and makes hooking up much easier.

If it continutes take it back to the dealer for adjustment. My old C did the same thing. My buddy got a real deal on the Hinny 8.5 and has the same problem. This old solution fixed it for him.

Hope it helps.