1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Lawson, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Lawson

Lawson Junior Member

hi guys quick question. i have a hiniker straight blade with the 2 button controller( i button up/down other is left/right), and someone broke into my truck and stole my controller, so i went and bought a new 1. it looked different with a joystick but the dealer assured me this controller will work just fine on my plow. so i install it and my plow works but it drops down, if i tilt it it drops. so i check my fluids and everything is fine. so i go ahead and raise the plow and then shut off the controller guess what it doesn't drop. do you guys think that the controller he gave me was bad(also the screws on the back all had corrosion of some sort, but everything else on it looked new).

the part number is 36014020 - Hiniker Joy Stick but online they dont show a 36014020 only a 36014015 for straight plows.

any help will be appreciated, also this is happening on a snow nite here in chicago. i am going to lose so much money, i might try to snowblower my little lots,,,, i'm gonna be out all nite and day :-(
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

More than likely its a bad controller. Unless they had that controller shipped in a parts order the controllers are shipped with the black iron for the blade, they throw the headlights, power unit, harness and controller in boxes, wrap them in plastic, toss them on the skid and ship them. Many times the skids get stored outside at the dealers so all the electrical stuff just collects moisture.
  3. Lawson

Lawson Junior Member

bad news they gave me another controller and this one looked new and the damn plow continues to fall down with the controller on, i just used the plow a month ago with no problems until someone stole my controller. this is like unsolved mysteries, i have no clue at what is causing this.