1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiniker Prices

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Cooter24, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Does anybody know the retail prices for a 8' C plow or a 8.5' V plow? Getting a new plow soon and was wondering some prices.

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I paid just under $6000.00 installed for a V-plow in November. That was with the locking cylinders, snow flap etc... Also includes sales tax on everything! The total was $58XX.XX

3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I would recommend looking into the C-plow. Not the greatest for back dragging but ya take the good with the bad, and there is more good.

9' scoop would run you ~$4200. (not installed)

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

check out snowplowsupply.com they seem to have very good prices on HINIKER plows

5. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I checked 2 different places today. One wanted $4500 for both the C and the V not installed. I currently have an 8' C plow. The other the same fro the V plow and $4900 for the C plow. Both dealers also said that the factory is out of 8.5' V plows and it will be next fall before any will be available.

6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I meant to say scoop

7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Are the scoop plows really that great?? i like the idea of one but we dont have any and i have never used one. how do they windrow? and how bad is it when trying to push snow over a curb??

8. torquet

torquet Junior Member

I love mine scoop. I just need to sell due to new baby and not getting that much snow. It does a good job getting the snow over curbs. If I need to clean it up alil better I just make one pass along the curb to push it over the curb and it just rolls it up and over the curb.

9. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Thats good to know when i buy a plow a couple years down the road its either going to be a 9' hiniker scoop or a 9.5' hiniker poly v I am starting to lean towards the scoop they are quite a bit cheaper.

10. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

How well does the scoop backdrag? Is there any backdrag edges available for the scoop or the V?

11. scrap

scrap Junior Member
    from WI

The scoop is a great plow. It can move a lot of snow fast. The V can be good but unless your plowing through big drifts I would suggest the scoop. Also the new poly v seems really cheap. You can pretty much lean on the edge of the wing and flex it down with your body weight. Its also rather annoying putting it back to the v position.(metal clanking) The poly v is a hole different set up then the metal v. I don't see hiniker keeping it around much longer. Or at least changing a lot of it.

12. Turf Care

Turf Care Junior Member
    from Midwest

anybody purchased an 8' straight blade in the Missouri area lately? Dealer wants $4375 installed. Checked a couple other places in KC, would save around $400 but would have to drive.
    any thoughts?

13. crocket

crocket Junior Member
    from SW PA.

Plow prices!!!!!!!!!!!

8801 8ft poly c-plow 09 model $4925./$400.install
    6800 8ft poly scoop 09 model$4200/$400.install
    We are a dealer in Pa we have these in stock with mounts.1-888-547-7775 Ask for Dave/Thanks

14. Turf Care

Turf Care Junior Member
    from Midwest

looks like I did ok on price, had one installed last month.