1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Pressure

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by RichG53, Dec 10, 2008.

1. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Any one know how to a just the pressure on an older Hiniker plow...

2. W8N4snow

W8N4snow Member

There is a check ball/spring under a cover on the bumper side of the valving manifold. A big aluminum bolt cap cover needs to be unscrewed. Underneath, there's a screw plug with a flat blade slot in it. Underneath it is the spring and check ball. Tightening this screw plug a bit will increase the pressure before relief. CAUTION, it'll make the line pressure higher and is usually set at the factory and shouldn't need to be adjusted unless something else is failing like the pump. The system is set to run at around 2300 PSI and the factory pump could make up to 4000 PSI when new if I remember right. Flint Hydrostatics has an online listing of parts for the SPX Stone line of pumps that Hiniker uses. Fenner was bought by SPX Stone. Check out prices on a new pump. Seems to me it was under $75 for the pump that mounts inside of the tank assemby. While you have the plastic tank off, drill a hole in the bottom corner of it and add a transmission drain plug so changing the oil is less of a mess.
    You can call Hiniker directly and get tech support. They are very friendly and actually called me back. Check on their website.

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks ! ! ! I just want to tweak It a pit...Once in a while if angled It will push back to a straight position....Maybe it is the relief valve that needs attention...

4. 02f250superduty

02f250superduty Member

CONTACT HINIKER COMPANY
    58766 240th Street Mankato, MN 56002· (507)-625-6621 · (800)-433-5620
    Seems like someone else had this same problem and try have a fix for it. Too much pressure and needs a relief valve I think. Don't quote me on that. Any way call Hiniker and ask for Reggie.