1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Plows!!??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnoFoilFisher21, Feb 24, 2003.

1. SnoFoilFisher21

SnoFoilFisher21 Member

Hey, I was browsing some plow sites and I stumbled across this cool plow by Hiniker. This is like the ultimate back-tracking plow. Its called the Hiniker C-Plow. Its pretty cool check it out at this link.....

2. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

i have one there great.for almost the same price as a straight blade its worth it.do a search its been talked about many times on here
  3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I saw one in action and it looked like it did a pretty good job. Much better than back dragging with my Fisher. Looks like a lot of parts to break though. How do they hold up???
  4. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

I looked at one when we bought our newest truck. I thought the same thing looks like there are a lot of parts that could break. I also think ( My opinion ) that it looked like it needed more beef....
    That is the primary reason I did not buy it, not to mention at my dealer is was $600 more than a 8' fisher.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Vinny that Hiniker ispretty cool,I think its been out over 2 yrs now.I still havent seen one on a plow truck.I have only seen 2 hinikers ever,they were both sitting at John Parkers shop,they werent even on trucks.I dont even think he uses them anymore they dont even look like they are 2 yrs old. For me,backdragging is such a small part of my route,and the Urethane edges do so well backdragging that I cant see spending the $$ on the C plow,for my money the V plow is much better. I dont even have the smart lock cylinders on my Boss,it still back drags great, IMO.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2003
  6. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

i use mine for the tuck terminal i have and all my driveways.never had anything break on it yet.plus im not a fan of a downpressure plow.i like to drop by a chain and go.....lol.i paid 3540 installed which i feel was a good price because my western 8ft pro was around that price.a trip edge would be nice for that plow also.but i enjoy using it.i just hate hitting pot holes and stuff with it because of the down pressure.
  7. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I noticed you said you own a hiniker plow, but in your signature it doesn't list any hiniker plows in your fleet? Maybe you could enlighten me on that.

Just wondering because i've never seen anyone w/ a hiniker c plow.