1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by EDL, Nov 26, 2000.

1. EDL

EDL PlowSite.com Veteran

I am interested in the hiniker snow plows, i was looking for input on them, is it good to have the pump on the outside of the truck, how do they hold up. Thanks Tom
  2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Use the Search feature here on this forum. In the upper right hand corner of your browser on this page. When you get there type in Hiniker.

You might change your mind about buying one after reading previous threads here about them.

3. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

I am still waiting 3 years later to have warranty work done on 2 Henikers,so keep looking .And to Heniker im still waiting call me at 845-485-4200 dont go through my dealer and ask him to tell me to keep my mouth shut on this website.Just fix my DARN plows thankyou.Heniker that number again is 845-485-4200,do the right thing and take care of your customer i own 4 or 5 of them im only asking you to fix 2 of them.
    If you lose the telephone number my address is 186 Cottage Street,Poughkeepsie ,New York,12601
    John Parker
  4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

The few subs we have using Hiniker plows hate them. They're worse than Meyers (and that's going some). The subs using Hiniker's spent more time taking them to the dealer to get repaired, than they did actually plowing. Very frustrating for us as the contractor. This year we had two guys want to plow for us using Hiniker's and we told them we had enough plowers. Don't need that frustration again this season - by calling them only to be told that they're "broke down, again".

Stay away from Hiniker.
  5. EDL

EDL PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanks I guess I will buy something Else. Thanks Tom
  6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

John are you saying Hiniker Management reads this forum?

Because if they are I would love to voice some suggestions on this forum.

7. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Judging by the way everyone is talking... I would say stay away from these plows. Any company that doesn't stand behind their products, is not one you want to give more business to.

8. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

Yeah Geoff,apparently they do read this forum because they asked the dealer if i would cool my heels about Heniker plows and i did for awhile,but only for the dealer as he has a great shop and goes beyond the call of duty to keep my equipment running.But as far as Heniker, the manufacturer has done absolutly nothing to resolve my warranty problems from day one and i have had enough of these cheap inferior plows.
  9. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

As far as manufacturers reading this forum, it sure is possible.

We all seem to forget anyone can read these forums anonymously. I wouldn't doubt for a second that the manufacturers and dealers read here all the time.

When you go to the lawnsite.com home page, scroll to the bottom. You will see who is logged in. It is broken down by the number of members, and the number of "guests" reading.

Just because people don't post, doesn't mean they don't read. ;)

10. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

I suppose all those who READ but do not POST is somewhat balanced by guys like me who POST but do not READ. ;)
  11. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

No wonder you never respond to my questions specifically aimed to you ;).
    During the last thread seeking input on Hiniker I posted about a fellow landscaper with one that I saw was warped like John Parker explained about his. Today I drove on the street that runs behind where the plow is parked and I could see it now that the leaves have fallen out of the way. Even from 50 yards away while driving you can see that the plow is out of wack. I think he told me it was only used a few times and didn't hit anything.
  12. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

We ran those plows years back. Bad experiances and bad service gone with local Diamond and Fisher dealer VERY HAPPY.