1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Winterworks, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Winterworks

Winterworks PlowSite.com Veteran

Does anyone have any experience with Hiniker Plows? I can get a good deal on an 8' model but know nothing about them.
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

From what NY Snow Pros has said, i wouldn't touch one with a 10' pole. I guess they bend, and tear.

JOE SKOWRONEK Junior Member

I have a Hiniker V-plow and have had no problems and like it. It probably does not have the use NY Snow Pros plow has on it, But it seems well made. Hiniker plows have been around for a some time, but the V's were new last year so I guess the juries still out on them.
  4. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

We have several Heniker plows 8ft,9ft and v plows made by Heniker.Our v plow has been a real dissapointment for us as we only used it ounce and it bent badly.We also have had paint problems with the 8ft blades. We have contacted Heniker several times and there answer to our problems are always the same " Tough Luck,you bought you own it its not our problem." They refuse to stand behind there product.We have also found that they are too light for back blading,and the whole lower assembly,when the plow is not attached catches curbs constantly because it sits so low.
  5. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

A fellow contractor that I just met has a Hiniker that he said hasn't had much use so far. Since I had read John's posts about problems with his (and out of general curiousity about other products out there) I took a look at it. The frame has major damage that he is getting ready to try to fix & the blade is twisted out of shape (which he hadn't noticed) like John had mentioned. I wouldn't get one after seeing that one.
  6. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

I have seen NY Snowpros Hiniker's and what he is saying is true. I really do not like the truck frame. It is to close to the ground.