1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by stroker79, Oct 23, 2007.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Do they suck? I never really paid attention to them but saw an ad in my october turf magazine and thier poly V plow with a trip edge and hydro lift looks pretty nice. I went to thier website but didnt find any marketing videos or anything. Not that im looking for a new plow since mines basically brand new but maybe in the future i would consider them.

Anyone have one? are they any good?

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I had one about ..... oh..... 6 years ago now?? Straight blade. I liked the "idea" of just flipping a lever to lock the plow on, but never got the plow to sit in the right position to be able to do it flawlessly.

Anyways, not sure if that helps you out or not, since I don't even know if they still have the same hookup or not, and mine was a straight vs you wanting the V.

3. stroker79

Well im not activly searcinhg for one to put on my truck but in a few years when I have a few more trucks I may consider Hiniker. Thats good info though. Hopefully the V plows are much more improved

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

weve had bad luck with them stick with your boss far superior than our hinikers JMO

5. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

hiniker

I had a 8 foot straight blade that I ran for 13 years with no problems. Just put a new v on my truck for this season. Ask again in a couple of months.

6. stroker79

Cool, I cant wait to find out. I wish you the best with it!

7. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Hiniker poly v

I called Hiniker last week or so to see if they had wings for my 8' steel straight blade and they told me no that they didn't. So I asked if they could recomend a aftermarket company, nothing that they know of. So I ask them about te new poly v and they told me that they were hoping that the 8.5' v's would be off the line this week. That explain why my local dealer hasn't got back to me so I can check them out. As for the quality I'm happy with the straight blade. But then again they were the only dealer in town, this week a local guy got the western and boss line. We will have more options now.

8. stroker79

Really, thats wierd cause I thought the V plows were already out. oh well, im not in the market for a new plow but was just wanting opinions, pics, and vids since they look decent.

Well if worse come to worse, I love my boss and my Dad has always used western with no major problems.