1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cumminswithplow, Dec 23, 2004.

1. cumminswithplow

cumminswithplow Senior Member

Anyone here ever used or owned a hiniker plow? Did you like it? Was it reliable? Got a good price on one. Don't know if i want it or not though.

2. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I have one on my 2000 GMC3500 dually dump. I bought the truck and plow used. The pump is a Fenner pump which is very simple to maintain. It goes on easier than some of our other plows. I have not had any problems in 2 years with it. I had never even heard of Hiniker before I bought the truck. I would buy another one. Good luck.

3. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Great plow. Easy to put on and take off. Only thing I don't like about it is that the plugs are hard to get in for the controller and plow, but nothing a light sanding wont fix. :rolleyes:

4. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

We have a 8.5 Hiniker V for 4 plus years little or no probs at all with plow. I would pick up this plow if you could.

Bob :D :D :D :salute:

5. cumminswithplow

Qmva where did you get your plow? I am from lincoln and see that you are from omaha. I am seriously considering this plow. Do the wings work well with it or not?

6. sleepyhead

sleepyhead Junior Member

that is what I bought the 8.5 V. That is why I want to use that plow.

7. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

I have one a 7.5 foot strait no problems

8. ybnorml

ybnorml Member

I bought a new 8' this year. I did a lot of research and talked to many that own them. They are very easy to take on and off. The hand held joystick is nice. And they use a "scissor" set-up to lift the plow. Eliminates chains and bouncing. Fast hydraulics. They are not as recognized as the other brands, but most likely will be.......... My .02 :salute:

Later,
    Chris

9. hillmin

hillmin Junior Member

Of course there has to be one in every crowd and today I'm "it". One of my boys just drove up this morning with his new Diamond. After one season with a new Hiniker he yanked it. May have just been a lemon. The pump valves or something in there gave him a lot of trouble. He spent almost as much time back at the dealer than he did plowing. Not that he could afford it, but he took a big loss on the Hini.. Just wasn't worth the aggrivation.

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I have an 3yr old hiniker 8ft it has been a good cheep plow. (If you don't have the bucks for a V-polw.) I go threw one cutting edge a year on it, and change the fluid once a year. I have had no real problems with it,but i have noticed a couple of small hair line cracks on the blade around the ribs.
    If your going to get a straight blade and your on a tight budget go with the hiniker...

11. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

I have one. I have only had it for 1 year, but have not had any problems with it yet.
    Aaron

12. ybnorml

ybnorml Member

This is being referred to as a cheap plow? I paid the exact price as a Western and I shopped within a 3 hour radius of my home. Not that I'm saying it is better than a Western, I just like the overall design and features better. I think any plow that is used hard will give you problems eventually. :nod:

Happy holidays,
    Chris

13. ybnorml

ybnorml Member

Sorry double post :eek:

14. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

The plow is from Big Rig Truck Accessories through Woodhouse. Bought the truck from Woodhouse and they got us the plow installed and everything for $2,300. :D As of now I don't have the wings so I couldn't tell you if they work.

15. cumminswithplow

I also bought my truck from woodhouse. But Big Rig truck quoted me a price of $3500 for the 8 foot straight.

16. Stoney

Stoney Member
    from NW OHIO

Hiniker V-Plow

Great Plow and drift buster just ran it for 30 hrs and no problems

17. Stoney

Stoney Member
    from NW OHIO

Hiniker V-Plow

Great Plow and drift buster just ran it for 30 hrs and no problems in NW Ohio http://home.woh.rr.com

18. Stoney

Stoney Member
    from NW OHIO

19. cumminswithplow

I see that you are running a Hiniker V plow. That is the plow that I am considering. It looks like from your pictures you are also running a crewcab diesel. They told me that a v plow is too heavy for those trucks. Have you had any problems? Do you find that it stains your truck?

20. Stoney

Stoney Member
    from NW OHIO

Hiniker V-Plow

It is not to heavy for my supercrew although I opted for the camper package to get the extra heavy springs. It is a tank no probs at all yet.