1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Plows?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cm82pa, Nov 28, 2004.

1. cm82pa

cm82pa Junior Member

I'm new to the business, right now I have a 1987 Ford F-250 with a 7.6 Meyer's plow. I am going to use this year. But I'm always looking ahead. Next year I would like to get a Dodge/Ford Diesel and a new set up. My question is has anyone one used the Hiniker plow systems? What do you think? And has anyone taken advantage of the "back dragging" feature. I have a 97 Dodge Diesel and thought that the back drag would be nice because the truck is an extended cab. (tight fit sometimes) Its the same thing I've noticed about trucks... If you have a Meyers they are the best, if you have a fisher they are the best...
  2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I love my hiniker. On backdraging you must be talking about the C plow in which I have no idea how good it works. If its anywhere near as good as my straight blade then I say it would be a great choice.
  3. larryjlk

larryjlk Member

I plowed a meyers for 9 yrs. I don't think it's the best. I bought a sno-way this year. It has a down pressure system supposed to be great for back dragging. Just waiting for snow to find out. It turns out Cleveland is meyer's country. Spent a lot of money keeping it running.
  4. moel

moel Junior Member

i also went with the hiniker(maybe cause they are made about 5 miles away) have not worked it yet