1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Plows -

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Tired Dog, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Tired Dog

Tired Dog Junior Member
    from Chicago

Does ANYONE know ANYTHING about this company????

2. BlackBirdWS.6

BlackBirdWS.6 Member

They make a great product!!

3. Tired Dog

Tired Dog Junior Member
    from Chicago

Are you a Hiniker dealer??? lol
    Haven't seen any here in Chicago area...

4. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Arlington Power on Route 12 is a Hiniker dealer. Call them for info.

5. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Not many Hinikers in Chicagoland area. Not to many dealers. I had one and from my personal experience I'd say stay away and get another plow.

6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Hiniker makes a great product. Pushin 2 Please seems to always say something negative in every Hiniker topic/post. The only bad thing anyone can really say about a Hiniker is if you run a 9'2" V and like to hit stuff the forks have been known to break on the older ones. We run 9' Scoops, 2 straight blades and two 8.5' V's and have never had an issue...nothing you wouldn't expect from the abuse they go through. Cutting edges, after 4 years of use the lift cylinder on one of the scoops developed a pin hole leak ($100 fix), other than that nothing has gone wrong at all.

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

They are a good plow, but keep in mind dealer support. I don't care if it's a Ford, Chev, Dodge, Hiniker, Boss, Fisher or whatever if you don't have a good dealer close you are up a creek without a paddle.

8. outlaw66

outlaw66 Junior Member

pushed 2 hiniker straights for years,no issues and beat the crap out of them...now im back to the other red one, Western!

9. BlackBirdWS.6

BlackBirdWS.6 Member

if you do a lot of driveways or backdragging the C plow works great from the people i know with them.

10. timtpa

timtpa Member

Why would someone that doesnt even own a Hiniker plow (or like them) browse and post in the Hiniker forum? Anyway, We have used Boss, Western, Hiniker, Sno-way and Curtis. Each brand has its pros and cons. Sno-Way has down oressure which is nice. Anyway, In my opinion Hiniker has their trip-edge which is excellent and they are very easy to put on and take off! Out of all of the plows we have had the Hinikers have had far less porblems. Actually, all we have done is replaced a couple of hoses after 3or 4 years. They are reliable and very tough. Around my town, which is just outside of Indianapolis, Boss and Hiniker are very popular followed by Western and Meyer. Ive never owned a Meyer, but my dealer seems to think they are a little more prone to problems than the other 3.

If someone were holding a gun to my head my order would be-

1. Hiniker (durability, trip edge, easy to take off)
    2. Boss (like their V's)
    3.Snow-Way (down pressure was nice when back dragging)
    4. Western (dealer close by)

I guess my point is that all the manufacturers have pretty good products. Dealer support should weigh heavily in your decision.

11. Pushin 2 Please

Tired Dog asked for responses, I gave one. And I do own one. Never again!

12. Pushin 2 Please

And I wasn't in this forum. This post, when I responded was in "New to the Industry" forum.

13. timtpa

timtpa Member

I guess I was just confused. Your original reply said you had one (past tense)! Ive had good luck with all of mine. What model did you have? Did you but it new or used? What kind of a plow or plows do you run now? Just curious . Anyway, I guess it all comes down to personal pref and what you've had that is reliable and performs. Ive owned a few that I hated and would never buy or use again! I didnt realize this post was moved. My fault.

14. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

I have ran Hiniker exclusivly since 1994 with very few problems. They make a very good product. Also I accually drove to chicago to purchase my V plow.

15. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Hiniker has a much longer history as an agricultural equipment company based out of Minnesota. I believe they introduced their plows in the early-mid 90's. I think they were the first to introduce a quick way of mounting on/off & leaving the lights and all with the plow.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  16. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

This is true. From what I have heard the guy that came to Hiniker to start the plowing department was the same guy that designed and worked for Leo. Leo produces some VERY heavy duty plows that typically can be found on heavy trucks. If you look at a Leo and a Hiniker they are very similar (full trips anyways). Leo even produced a "scoop" plow in a full trip... funny that Hiniker now has it more refined with the trip edge.

17. Daveyo

Daveyo Member
    from 6

I've been running a 9' steel straight blade for four years now never a problem, I can move some serious snow 20" last storm with 4' drifts its on my F550. I just had it maintenanced $118 bucks full serviced no problems. I just bought a 8' poly trip edge Hiniker straight blade for my 2008 2500HD looking forward to it putting food on the table.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  18. Ryan J

Ryan J Junior Member

To Tired Dog, go to their website and check them out, they are quite a large company. Finding a Hiniker dealer is about the hardest part. I've had my plow for 4 years now and order my parts online. (the closest dealer is a 2 hour drive one way). Can't say too much about it that I don't like, they all have their share of "problems" but hasn't given me one bit of trouble.

19. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I love my hiniker poly v and it my second hiniker plow., my first was a 8 ft full trip and thet was very dependable. I would recomend a hiniker to anyone. Ps my area gets around 120" of snow a year, my plow gets beat on.

20. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

I really like my Hiniker 8' straight full-trip blade. Out here in the Wild West :rolleyes:, there isn't any dealer for any brand of plow that I know of that is closer than about 2 hours from me. I went with Hiniker because the dealer in Boise is the best plow dealer around the area, has the most parts and mans his phones 24/7, and probably 50% of the plows in Boise are Hinikers. Again, like everyone says, its all about the dealer, but we love the plow. It runs smooth, scrapes good, and is VERY easy to put on and take off.

BTW, if you guys out there all like Hiniker but can't find a dealer close, take it as an opportunity and open up your own plow dealership. payup