1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker plows your pro's and con's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hortboy, Oct 29, 2003.

1. hortboy

hortboy Junior Member

Thinking of putting a hiniker plow on my truck, I'll tell you why, the place I'm buying it form service dept is open from 6:00 am till 2:00 am- only closed 4 hours. The price I got was below $3000.00 installed w/ a hand held remote and uerathane edge.

No tell me how the plows hold up over the long haul? Are they a good plow? The sales person really pushed the no lift chain issue--good or bad?

My other options are - a curtis dealer and a boss/ western dealer, but there hours of operation are poor and there main concern is not plows, but there automotive repair business.
  2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

The only bad thing I have ever read, was that there V plow was junk and a paint problem. They look like a nice plow to me.
  3. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

We have had a Hiniker V on one of our trucks for 3 years and have not had problems with it . Once had a solenoid go out, but thats it. Our situation is the same as yours a dealer 5 min away very good service, tries hard to to take care of any problems, but as I said no real problems. But to be honest on this site your not going to hear many good things about Hiniker , but we have not had problems with ours. Sometimes you have to look at dealer support. Hope this helps out.

Bob :D :D
  4. Progrounds

Progrounds Junior Member

We've had two Hiniker V' s on trucks for the last three winters. One of 'em is on my truck. No serious problems, only normal wear and tear. We've had more problems with our fleet of westerns than with the Hinikers. Buy it if the price is right!
  5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Thereis an auction of surplus NY state equip today in binghamton, you should check it out.
  6. ScottyB.

ScottyB. Member

I have a Hiniker 8'2" Straight, It's 4 years old and I love it. No real problems at all. Keep in mind I only plow a few driveways and I can't say how it would hold up under commercial conditions, but my dealer swears by them and has handled them for many years.

I would buy another.

By the way this is my first post in about 9 months...I smell snow!!