1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gpin, Jul 27, 2004.

1. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I recently picked up a 2000 GMC 3500 dually dump 4x4 that included a standard Hiniker plow. The pump is a Fenner which I trust. Any feedback on these plows? Thanks.

2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I've been using the one on my dad's truck and think its great. Havent had any trouble so far and hope it stays that way. However I have only been plowing for one season and havent used any other plows. One tip though the newer plows are alot better then the older ones. From what i gathered last year Hiniker used to make some crappy plows but today has improved the quality alot.

3. trukoutftr

trukoutftr Junior Member

I have 2 8'straights, 1 7.5, and 8.5 V and have had great success with them. The V is real nice and stronger than the Boss that I have seen. Most people around here are using Meyer, and many more are swithcing over to Hiniker because of it's ease in hookup and dismount. All of our customers that have bought Hiniker have been extremely pleased with the performance and operation.

4. m&m owner

m&m owner Member
    from MN

I have been plowing with hiniker plows for 4 years and I am very impressed. never broke any thing. I had a solenoid go bad but that is it .