1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker plow won't raise, HELP!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by randombilly2, Jan 12, 2013.

1. randombilly2

randombilly2 Junior Member

I believe its a hiniker 2801. I bought it used and its been sitting for about 5 years. hooked everything up, and it functions side to side just fine but wont raise. when I lower it the float light comes on and stays on unless I shut the joystick off. when I try to raise it I don't hear any clicks and the motor doesnt run. Bad joystick? I'm switching from westerns so this is my first experience with a Hiniker plow.

2. randombilly2

Update: looks like to lift the plow you just run the motor? I open the controller up and jumped the power to the orange motor wire in the controller and the plow raised up. does this mean its a bad controller?

3. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

Not sure but you can get just the little joystick and it just plugs in to the controller. I say try that first. JMHO

4. randombilly2

That's what I was thinking but when I open the controller the joystick plugs look a little different than the replacement ones. Is there a older model controller with a different joystick?

5. randombilly2

Turned out to be a bad controller.