1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker plow stalls engine.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Duncan90si, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

My Hiniker plow is acting up. Anytime I touch raise or angle on the controller it wants to stall the truck out and there is no movement of the blade. I replaced the grill plug on it because it was worn out and not making good connection. It worked fine for a few tries afterward, then started doing this. I didn't switch up any wires when replacing the plug. I checked all my connections under the hood and on the plow and they are clean and seem to be making good contact. I'm puzzled now. Any help guys?

2. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

You don't THINK you switched any wires, or you KNOW you didn't. That is the first place I would look. Just do a double check, and check that they aren't chaffing anywhere and making a dead short.

3. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I KNOW I didn't switch any. ;) I found the problem, it was the main ground. It wasn't corroded at all but yet was still not making good enough contact.

4. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Don't you just love when you can fix things yourself. It's a lot better than getting a payup from someone else. Just to clarify, I wasn't mocking about knowing if you switched the wires. It's just that all to often it's the stupid simple stuff that we seem to overlook. I once need to change the mounting for the tail lights on my tilt bed trailer and put them on the wooden side boards. You know how long my buddy and I screwed around trying to get them to work.:confused: Yeah they might work a little better if they HAD A GROUND.:dizzy: We had them mounted to WOOD!!! I was so pissed at my stupidity for that one.:jester: At least I noticed it before my buddy.