1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Plow settles down while driving

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by markcp, Dec 8, 2009.

1. markcp

markcp Junior Member

Last season plowing I ran up against a concrete lip, that the trip springs absorbed pretty well. Since hitting the concrete my Hiniker 7.5' tends to settle or slowly drop. I replaced the spring and ball for the relief and also the down solenoid on the pump. I can unplug the joystick controller, and it still settles. I don't like running down the road continuously lifting the blade. I do not see any oil residue leaking from the lift ram, if the seals were bad. Any help or ideas what to check next?

Thanks for the help,
    Mark

2. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i forgot to tell ya, these guys will tell ya to get a BOSS lmao and don't tell them it's on a dodge for crying out loud hahahahaha

3. markcp

markcp Junior Member

I should clarify, I replaced the valve body, but not the coil. I said it was the solenoid. Could it be a weak coil on the down side?

Thanks Iplowsno, I wont mention what happens with you on HCS

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

do mean the valve itself? you would want to replace the up valve, not the down.

5. markcp

markcp Junior Member

I don't know? I looked at the trouble shooting pages of the manual, here is what that says:

Model: 2752
    Plow does not remain raised with joystick in neutral position:

A. Leakage through pump check valve
    B. Leakage through solenoid lowering valve
    C. Internal leakage in cylinder
    D. Defective joystick control

6. IPLOWSNO

mark did ya fix it yet

7. markcp

markcp Junior Member

Still slowly settles. May have to lift it every 1 1/2 miles as I drive down the road. Sometimes faster than others. Only on the road a few miles at a time anyways. I just need to be careful when I reach for the joy stick.

8. IPLOWSNO

sucks sending debris over your hood don't it lol

9. braylen

braylen Junior Member
    from Indiana

my plow did this last year and i had to replace my ram was leaking inside by passing the seals took care of mine good luck

10. MRHORSEPOWER1

MRHORSEPOWER1 Member

Mine does that last year for a week or 2. When it does that, I just lift it up and turn left and right fully then centered it up. It will stop tryin to settle down slowly. I didn't do any repairs on it yet because right now it doesn't do it anymore. I assume it could be sticking valves but who knows. It worked just fine for now. But I guess when I have time I should drain and flush the hydraulic oil and put in new oil someday and hopefully it should take care of it.

11. markcp

markcp Junior Member

Well after some time, the plow would have streaks, when it stayed raised and others when it would settle. Today it kept settling fast,so I tore into it. All the problems were caused by a cracked "O" ring seal on the check valve assembly. Replaced that, and the plow stays lifted.

I would like to thank the tech I talked to at Toppers Plus today in Mankato, telling me where to find the problem.

12. IPLOWSNO

you might want to replace your orings buddie, oh i see i am too late, dam i thought you fixed it this whole time but you were just raising it by hand lol

13. markcp

markcp Junior Member

I guess you have all the hydraulic tricks figured out from your Caprice when you take it on the lowrider and bouncing cruises...... :laughing:

14. IPLOWSNO

pssssh, pissssh air ride for me vato, i aint got time for hydraulics, besides the fluid it will get my hands dirty greasy cocky, can't be having that,

i am waiting for julio to design my system lol

15. bridgeduster

bridgeduster Junior Member
    from 56738

I all of a sudden acquired the same problem 2days ago, very frustrated where do I start?? no leakage, solenoid replaced, cylinders seem to be good . any help in the first step would be greatly appreciated!

16. markcp

markcp Junior Member

Bridgebuster,

I found that on the top of the pump, there is a ported block that screws down to the pump assembly. (check Valve assembly) There were 2-3 small O-Rings, with one bad. I replaced them, and the plow stays up rock solid. This I fixed last winter, so I don't remember all the details. I would need to look at a drawing to point them out exactly.
    Best of Luck,
    Mark

17. IPLOWSNO

hey mark whats up buddy

18. markcp

markcp Junior Member

Hey IPLOW,

How's the daughters little ruck running? Haven't seen you much on HCS. I don't care for the new server they are using...

19. IPLOWSNO

when they changed over i got axes somehow and can't get back on,

i seen someone pull up an old thread over there, the eclipse gt was the first kids the blazer was the second and the x90 is the last kids.

she still isn't motivated to get her license? she likes to be chauffered lol. i should of painted it too my liking because i love it haha except winter driving. if the wind wants ya in the ditch thats where your going, even if ya drive like tanner foust hahaha

i was pulling into a shopping mall with the wife, she started to drift at the apex thanks god the car is small as it still only takes that lane lmao. shes quick to turn out hahaha