1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker plow problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RichG53, Oct 20, 2008.

1. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I hooked the plow up Sunday to move it..It gos up & down just fine but will not angle either way.. I can hear the pump run,I even pushed up against a stump to force it nothing...I do remember tightening the ram packing nuts a bit last year to prevent some leaking (weeping),,Could that be my problem that over summer the expanded.. ???? I did loosen the passenger side but can't get the drivers side to move,(pipe wrench) (but that I will work on ).(sprayed with PB blaster) My problem is the angling.. Any thoughts ??? I also have installed Timbrens the front end It did drop more then I expected (1- 1 1/2 ) I probably need to crank the T-Bars a bit... But plow problem is the first thing I need to fix... Any help would be great.... Thanks ! ! ! ! Rich....

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Might sound dumb but make sure it's plugged in ALL the way. I can't believe your truck is squatting that much with timbrens 1.5"? Mine only sank 1" without timbrens or touching the bars with 9' scoops.