1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiniker plow problem

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by datank450, Nov 20, 2015.

1. datank450

datank450 Senior Member

Just bought an f550 with a Hiniker plow on it. I hooked the plow up to see if everything is functioning correctly and it goes up and down but does not angle left and right. When the plow is in the float position I try to angle left and right and it sounds like the motor just runs and the plow does nothing. I checked the solenoids with a multi meter and all solenoids are getting power. Please help me figure out how to get this functioning so I can be ready for whatever. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

While you are going L R test light the coils to see if there getting signal.
    Have you looked at hinikers website for the wiring diagrams?

3. datank450

datank450 Senior Member

I tested it with a volt meter it's getting power up to the coils. The pump just runs when I go left and right, no movement. I guess it could be bad coils.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well take off the coils and hotwire them and see if there magnetic.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Test the pins in the plug , truck to plow,
    It's the worst thing about a Hiniker

6. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I second the coils. Just take them out and do a test to make sure they work. Maybe they are stuck.

7. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

This year we have run into a couple of Hinikers that actually have stuck turn cylinders. Remove a turn cylinder hose and see if the fluid comes out when you do that function.