1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Plow lights

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by ramsport1500, Jan 9, 2006.

1. ramsport1500

ramsport1500 Member

Hey, was wondering if anyone could please let me know what the best way to aim the plow lights on my new Hiniker plow, I figured to get close is to be about 10 feet or so from any wall and to take the existing truck lights and to aim the same distance to match
    Let me know what works for you
    Thanks in Advance
    Shawn

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Thats one way,

but take a wrench with you the first time out because you will find they will still need a little adjusting to your liking.

3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

When I aimed my Snoway lights the info said to set the lights 25ft from the wall for aiming......There are web sight that list the correct way to aim lights.

Derek

4. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

Remember that the aim will change dramatically when a load is in the back. If you do salt/sand think about the "sag" in the back and how it will lift the front. Also I would recommend setting with the plow in the raised position so that they aren't too low after raising the plow. They will never be perfect, just better!

5. ramsport1500

ramsport1500 Member

plow light aiming

Just wanted to thank you for your posts on aiming of plow lights
    This is a great site and will be returning often to see what everyone thinks
    I just purchased a new Hiniker plow 8ft poly trip edge and I love it
    I have a 1999 Dodge Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab
    Although the extra 800 pounds on the front drops it only just under 2 inches, I was wondering if I should install Timbrens
    Any answer is better than nothing
    Thanks in advance
    Shawn

6. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

800 lbs. on the front of 1/2 ton truck is in my opinion a huge load. So I would get the Timbrens.....

Derek

7. ramsport1500

ramsport1500 Member

Hey Thanks Derek
    I will be installing Timbrens this weekend
    Shawn

8. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Sounds like you got quite the plow truck there...Dodge 1500 with 8ft plow, nice nice. Should last you if u take care of it...Make sure you get some pics of it for us, we love to see them!

9. ramsport1500

ramsport1500 Member

Pics will be here soon. Thanks for the info, and as for the truck, I love the setup with a New Hiniker plow
    It's the best thing since Ice Cream