1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Plow light problem

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Humvee27, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Well, one of my lights got loose plowing last week...or so I thought...the bolt actually enlarged the hole in the bracket that it rested in, causing the light to flop around....it was rusted (even though I spray with wd40 after every plow) tight and the bolt wouldn't move....had to cut it off but when I took the light apart....oh boy...:mechanic:....it was a mess! The light has a hole in it(like a weep hole) which allowed all the wires to get wet and corrode...not happy....look at the pics....wires corroded almost all through...redid them and put it back on the truck...These lights are only a year old because the 1st pair cracked so I'm not impressed...I love the rest of the plow but I'm not liking these at all other then they are nice and bright when I can point them right. They come hot glued inside for waterproofing around the lights....not impressed with that....I added some to the outside around the black plastic and the clear to help with moisture issues..I'll add more pics tomorrow of them back on the truck...forgot to bring the camera in...[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  2. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

[​IMG][/IMG]
    I wound up grinding off the bolts to clean it all up and then painted it...also, welded on each side of the hole and ground it so it would stregthen it so I wouldn't wind up having to do it again....we will see how it stands up to plowing...

3. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

Another pic for you...

[​IMG][/IMG]