1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Plow, electrical problem

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by RHPL, Dec 8, 2009.

1. RHPL

RHPL Junior Member

I'm not too handy, so if their isn't a quick fix then I'll have to wait in line at a repair shop.

Hooked up thye plow a few weeks ago and everything worked fine. Had it hooked up yesterday and all the controls worked fine. I had the truck idling for about 15 minutes and then i went to raise the plow and the light on the controler was out and no response to and of the controls. The 10amp fuse located off the battery was blown so i replaced that. Also checked the fuse in the fuse panel of the truck that had a wire hooked up to a metal 'tab' and it was fine. All other connections seem fine. Nothing is loose or corroded. Plow is only a year old. Will call the dealer and see if they have any ideas. Not too happy that this happened last night and I'll need it tonight.

Plow is a 9' Scoop of a 2003 F350

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Did you have the controller in float? When it's in float the coil in energized which may have gotten hot or something if you left it that long. I bump the controller out of float when shoveling or whatever. I'd replace the fuse and play with the plow for a few minutes to see what happens.

3. RHPL

RHPL Junior Member

You were right NICHOLS. The front magnetic coil was gone and only after one season. From now on I'm going to either 'bump' it out of float or just switch the controler off when i'm not plowing with it.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Glad to help, It's always nice when it's something easy:D