1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Parts?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Douglas DC-9, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Douglas DC-9

Douglas DC-9 Junior Member

I've looked all over the internet in the past few days and I can't seem to find parts for an 8' Hiniker V-Box salter. I need a spinner disk and maybe a bearing for the shaft that goes from the drive chain down to the spinner disk. I'm in the Milwaukee area and getting parts is a real problem. All local dealers closed up. I bought this from a guy for 650.00 bucks, I didn't think it was a bad deal. slight rust but nothing rotted through.

Thanks in advance,
    Douglas DC-9

2. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

You might be able to use a spinner disk from another brand...Just measure the shaft size. Same thing with the bearings...Any style bearing like that can be purchased at an industrial supply house.. You just need to know the measurements...

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Did you search " Snow Plow Parts" ?
    A lot of the dealers also have spreader parts. Central Parts Warehouse on the sponsor link above has parts. Millsupply.com has some parts, order the catalogs from them. Try putting your question in the salt & ice section.
    Like he said above if you have the measurements of the bearing you could get it at an industrial supply place. I get a lot of stuff from places like that. Grade 8 bolts for one are way cheaper then plow installer prices.