1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hiniker or meyer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jrmyj1, Nov 12, 2007.

1. jrmyj1

jrmyj1 Junior Member

new to plowing and have two trucks, one has a 8ft boss and i need to get a plow for the other truck. looked at hiniker and meyer and both seemed good but they are about the same price at 4000.00 installed. just looking for personal experices or advice.

thanks jeremy

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Hiniker or Meyer..... are those the best of your choices out there? Hiniker is just too new in the market, and Meyers have always been a couple steps behind technology. How do you like the Boss on your other truck? Have you looked at Fisher, or even a new Western? I make no bones about being a die-hard Fisher guy, and it will always be the one I recommend first. With Fisher, Westerm, and Blizzard being part Douglas Dynamics, I'm partial to that family of products.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Wow - You have a Boss but you're looking at buying a Meyer? That's like owning a Cadillac but shopping around for a Pinto.

Hiniker is a good plow and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of those.

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

if i was you i would get another boss so you have the ability to switch your 2 plows from truck to truck. say the tranny goes out in 1 truck and the plow breaks on the other. then you could put the good plow on the good truck JMO.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Actually Hiniker is not new at all they have been building AG equipment for decades. They are an AG company that has been building snow plows for a long time now.
    I have a 7yr old Hiniker that has been almost trouble free and
    there very easy to work on/service your self if need be.
    Their plug in is the weakest link.

I would get a boss if they were priced the same ball park.
    If you are looking for or found a deal and the hiniker was one of the choices, I would have no problem buying another Hiniker.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Where in the MidWest are you? Bert's Truck Equipment in Moorhead MN is a distributer for Boss and gave me some great prices just last week. I don't have the paperwork anymore, but the straight blade was about the price your already talking about. The V blade was around $4600 and the VXT was around $4800(not installed) if I remember right.

7. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

Plow

I had an 8' Hiniker straight blade that I used for13 years. Just bought a 9' 6" Hiniker V. Hiniker has been good for me. I dont know much about meyer

8. jrmyj1

jrmyj1 Junior Member

thanks for the imput guys, we actually found a v- boss installed for 4500, i year old. is there a big advantage to having a v over a straight?

thanks again.

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Yes,
    There is, once you use a V you'll never want to go back to a straight.

Get the Boss It's a no brainier...

10. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

meyer plow......HA HA HA HA,. i would by a shovel and use before using a meyers plow. at least the shovel wouldn't leave you stranded!!