1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker or Curtis on a 95 chevy silverado 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by alex93, Nov 7, 2011.

1. alex93

alex93 Junior Member

I am looking at a Hiniker and a Curtis. Im not sure what one to choose. They are both 7.5. They both weigh around 750 pound. Will that be to heavy to put on my truck?
    opinions?

2. kandrts

kandrts Junior Member

I've got a Hiniker 8' scoop plow on my 04 Chevy 1/2 ton, all that i did was had my ball joints checked and added timbrens

3. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

I've heard a lot more good about hiniker plows than the curtis. Plus it seems easier to find parts for a hiniker. My next plow will definitely be a boss or hiniker. either way a 7.5 plow will be just fine if you throw in some ballast and timbrens and/or torsion bar keys.

4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

How old is the Hiniker plow?/

5. alex93

alex93 Junior Member

6. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Well..I bought a used one...Been pretty satisfied with ..I've had it for about 8 yrs. now..
    No major problems so far..But i take care of it keep my stuff lubed up..pins etc..

7. Kwing1120

Kwing1120 Member

I have a 7.5 curtis on my 1999 GMC 1500 and it handles it well.

8. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

Price seems ok if you'll have them install...but a new plow could probably be had for not much more. That plow will not break in 1 years' worth of use, the warranty is almost useless.

a plow like that lists at just over $5000 new depending on where you buy it. and that is with a 2yr factory warranty.

It's your money so pick what you will be happy with, happy plowing