1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hiniker Motor

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Woodshed1, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Woodshed1

Woodshed1 Junior Member

I have a Hiniker C-PLow and the motor is not working; the plow does not go up, down or sideways. I do here clicking at the relays on the firewall.
    I ran a pair of jumper cables from the battery to the motor and when touching ground, there were multiple sparks with no movement from the motor.
    I checked to make sure that + went to + and - to - and still getting sparks when touching to ground.
    Does this mean there is a short in the motor and it's cooked?
    Thanx for your help.

2. snow207

snow207 Junior Member

Sounds like a new motor may be in your future. Wouldn't hurt to pull the motor off the pump, check for obvious failures & bench test it. Might just need brushes or a bit of soldering broken contacts.
    Try dbelectrical.com for replacement motors. A guy I work with says they're good (& cheap).

3. Woodshed1

Woodshed1 Junior Member

Thanx for the tip; I picked up a new motor.